Everest Helicopter Tour is a mountain flight tour to the Everest and the Himalayan range. A special helicopter is chartered to travel above the mystical Himalayas. The Everest helicopter tour is specially planned for those tourists who would wish to discover the scenic view of mighty Everest and the Himalayan range in a short period of time. Though the duration of flight is short the memories of Everest tour would be a great memory for a life time. This tour is suitable for people of all age group and also ideal for people with physical disorder. It would be a great opportunity for people to witness the highest peak of the world where Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgey first accomplished their mission to the summit. Everest Helicopter Tour is an elite adventure that takes you to the Khumbu area, which is a homeland of Nepal’s Himalayan tribe. The Everest helicopter tour is a luxurious trip that lets you discover natural beauty and eyeful view of mystical mountains and the Himalayan range.
Your journey kicks off from the Domestic Terminal of Kathmandu airport where you will board a special helicopter moving eastward all the way to the Himalayas. You make sure that you carry your camera or a handy cam to capture the magnificent views of the Himalayas. After landing at Lukla for fueling you will fly to the airstrip in Syangboche (12340 ft) or if you wish to have a breakfast at Hotel Everest view, the helicopter will land you at the hotel’s helipad. From Syangboche you can have a sightseeing tour of Khumbu region by the helicopter that takes you closer to Mt. Everest and other magnificent Himalayas like Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Pumori, Cho Oyu etc. You will also be touring the magnetic Solukhumbu (Solu) region where lies the Mt. Everest (8845m). The Solu region has been attracting countless number of travelers and trekkers since its opening to the foreigners in 1950. This region is not only famous because of the mighty Everest but also here survives the rich Himalayan culture and traditions. This region is a habitat of Sherpa people and Buddhist community. You can also see many monasteries in the region. Sagarmatha National Park which is a habitat for diverse floras and faunas covers much of this region. This fascinating land surrounded by high mountains is a real paradise for countless mountaineers and trekkers visiting the Khumbu region. The journey over the high exotic mountains makes you feel like you are on top of mountains. The crowd at the base camp will determine whether you land at the Everest Base Camp or closer to Kalapa Tar for quick photograph. You can capture magnificent views of the Himalayas and the Himalayan range for your memory. Later after a great journey above the high Himalayas and the mighty Everest the helicopter will fly you back to Syangboche or Lukla and eventually to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 02: Everest Heli Tour
Day 03: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 04: Departure
- All land transportation by private Car or Van (Hotel-Airport-Hotel)
- Life insurance for all support crews
- 04- 04:30 minute Helicopter flights
- All official taxes and service charge
- Tea/coffee and light breakfast
- Necessary permit and entrance fee for conservation area
- Any meals other than the breakfast in Kathmandu
- Monuments entrance fees
- Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects.
- We strongly advise to buy a travel insurance policy
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, cold drinks, bottle or boiled water, hot shower etc)
Tips for guides